I am a UK accredited psychotherapist (membership with both the UKCP and mBACP) and 10 years experience working with individuals and couples providing both psychotherapy and counselling.
My private practice is provides three types of therapy support and to respond to the needs of the client and tailored to the presenting issue. The right therapeutic intervention would be discussed at consultation, these three areas with links to learn more;
In my private practice some of the key themes that clients present and I specialise in are;
- working with issues where relationships have been identified as the problem central to the distress. This might refer to a relationship with a partner, within a professional environment or relationship with self.
- psycho sexual difficulties or where sexual performance, sexual identity or confidence is a source of distress
- increasing personal insight and effectiveness to help manage change or career development
- engaging with creativity and the client’s creative process to unblock personal potential
- working with men and masculinity
- working with depression and anxiety
- reducing obsessive and repeated negative thought patterns and cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT)
As well as my clinical training and practice, I draw on my experience in business and leadership where I offer business professionals a balance of psychotherapy insight and practical tools and coaching techniques, to support individuals whether the presenting problem relates to work or personal circumstances.
In addition to my private practice covering Hertfordshire, Hemel Hempstead and Berkhamsted, I work as CEO at The Counselling Foundation, an organisation that provides services across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire (www.counsellingfoundation.org).